In contrary to many opinions, beef and butter fast is not a normal fast. A normal…
Can You Combine A Fruit Fast With Intermittent Fasting?
Intermittent fasting doesn’t exclude food intake. It instead gives a time frame for consumption. Fruit fast (FF) as it implies means fasting for days without food, except fruits. So, you can combine a fruit fast with intermittent fasting. Usually, fruit intake is vital in daily dietary intake. So, if you are undergoing intermittent fasting, its the best time to implement fruit fast. Fruit fast is rarely time-bound. When you combine fruit fast with intermittent fasting, you will have to subject it to the stipulated time.
Many beginners quickly adapt to FF. For a start, we recommend you start with 1-2 days fast. The most effective approach is to eat four fruits daily. Also, intermittent fasting will enhance your attention during fruit fast.
This article further explains that you can combine a fruit fast with intermittent fasting.
Intermittent Fasting Versus Fruit Fast
- An intermittent fast is not a diet plan. It is better referred to as a diet pattern. Whereas you can adopt FF to manage weight loss.
- Intermittent fast only describes the food time frame. Whereas fruit fast involves the food option to eat, usually fruit.
- Combining FF and intermittent fast will fill up the food option lacking in intermittent fast. Also, it makes fruit fast more productive by giving a time frame to it.
- FF also helps improve the nutrient intake that intermittent fast limits.
- Also, fruit fast hasten weight loss compare to intermittent fasting. The wrong side of intermittent fast is that it enhances the individual consumption of a low diet.
- FF often provides comprehensive food options for individuals. Whereas intermittent fasting may cause a problem for a person in determining the right food or beverage.
- Finally, I recommend you select nutrient-dense foods for intermittent fasting. Such foods include fruits, vegetables, healthy fats, and lean proteins.
Download our Fasting Schedule Cheat Sheet to find the best timing for you:
Benefit Of Combining FF With Intermittent Fasting
- A fruit fast will hasten the healing process of your body.
- FF helps manage some metabolism disorders such as hypoglycemia.
- Fruit supply energy. When the body converts the fructose present to sucrose and glycogen.
- Combining fruit fast with intermittent fasting provides quick energy. This is because sucrose enters the bloodstream rapidly.
- Engaging in FF along intermittent fasting also add extra water to fuel the body. Note that during the intermittent fast, the body needs extra water, than the usual water intake.
- The body will help clean your body system internally. It will eliminate toxins and harmful substances.
In addition, during intermittent fasting, you may need to stay away from fruits. It applies to individuals that aim towards quick weight loss. In this case, you may take fruits when you are not fasting. Although it provides a speedy result, the best approach to weight loss is to consume fruit on a normal diet.
Fruits add bulk to the diet. Thereby, increasing the rate at which a person eliminate waste. Moreover, fruits enhances the human skin. It provides a refreshing look at the human body.
What Happens When My Body Is Healing?
Although body healing removes toxins, there may be side effects to it. It would be best if you don’t worried when this effects surface. However visit a physician when it persists. The side effects are;
- Body odour
- Sore throat
- Body aches
What Fruit Can I Eat During Intermittent Fasting?
There are several fruits you can take during fast. It is, however, preferable to consume organic fruits. The most popular fruits to combine with intermittent fasting are;
Other food options you can combine with intermittent fasting include;
- Veggies – Brussels sprouts, Broccoli, Carrots, Carbage, and Beetroots.
- Lean proteins – Eggs, fish, poultry, legumes, whole grains, yoghurt, milk, cheese, and seafood.
- Healthy fat – Cheese, Fatty fish, Nuts, Avocados, Whole eggs, Olive oil, Sunflower oil, Soybeans oil, and Peanut oil.
FF may involve a small amount of food, but you should also implement a proper meal plan. The appropriate meal plan includes the meal pattern, which influences the mealtime. It would help if you chose a convenient time frame for your fruit fast. Also, here are few tips to note when combining FF and intermittent fasting;
- Avoid consuming dense foods days before your fruit fasting.
- Squeezing lemon into the water during FF will improve flavour, and add healthy enzymes.
- Do not engage in vigorous activity during the fast fruit period.
- Take as much nap as you need.
- Finally, do not rush to break your FF. Slowly adjust to your healthy lifestyle. It prevents the body from undergoing sudden dietary change.